Advisory Council Meetings
The Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair, Home Furnishings and Thermal Insulation's Advisory Council Meetings are public meetings held on a biennial basis throughout the state. The Council helps provide valuable feedback, advice and perspective on various policy issues and industry and consumer-related concerns. Please click on the links below for agendas and locations of upcoming meetings and notes of previous meetings.
- Consumer Advisory Council Meeting Agenda - April 18, 2013
- Consumer Advisory Council Meeting Minutes - April 18, 2013
- Consumer Advisory Council Meeting Minutes - March 16, 2010
- Consumer Advisory Council Meeting Minutes - September 23, 2009
- Consumer Advisory Council Meeting Minutes - April 28, 2009
- Consumer Advisory Council Meeting Minutes - November 20, 2008
The Advisory Council
The Council is comprised of representatives of consumers, public members, and representatives from the upholstered furniture, bedding and thermal insulation industries. The Council will serve as an invaluable resource to the Bureau in fulfilling its consumer protection mandate.
The Council's primary responsibilities include:
- Providing perspective and advice on consumer and market issues,
- Researching and recommending creative solutions to consumer and industry problems,
- Advising the Bureau on outreach efforts to consumers, the general public, licensees, and industry,
- Providing information and comments to the Bureau Chief on a broad range of policy issues including consumer education, industry outreach, and regulatory compliance.
The Bureau will provide reasonable travel accommodation for each Council member, including airfare and mileage to meetings, parking and meals. If you are interested in applying for a seat on the Council, please complete the following application and submit it to the Bureau at 4244 S. Market Court, Suite D, Sacramento, CA 95834-1243. If you would like more information about the Council or would like information on how to participate in the meetings, please contact the Bureau at (916) 999-2041.