Notice of Proposed New Flammability Standards for Upholstered Furniture/Articles Exempt from Flammability Standards
Attachments to Initial Statement of Reasons
- Attachment 1 – TB 117 March 2000
- Attachment 2 – Fire Behavior of Upholstered Furniture
- Attachment 3 – Upholstered Furniture Full Scale Chair Tests
- Attachment 4 – Upholstered Furniture Flammability
- Attachment 5 – Performance Criteria and Standard Materials
- Attachment 6 – Development of a Flammability Standard
- Attachment 7 – Home Fires that Began with Upholstered Furniture
- Attachment 8 – Civilian Fire Fatalities in Residential Buildings
- Attachment 9 – Smoking-Related Fires in Residential Buildings
- Attachment 10 – California Mortality and Fire-Related Losses
- Attachment 11 – TB 117-2013 January 2013
Public comments may be submitted via email at TB117comments@dca.ca.gov, in writing at the address provided in the Notice of Proposed Changes. Oral comments will only be accepted at the public hearing which will be held on March 26, 2013 as specified in the Notice of Proposed Changes.
The March 26, 2013 public hearing can be viewed at:
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), BEARHFTI prepared the following documents concerning Technical Bulletin 117-2013. These were submitted to the Office of Planning and Research on February 15, 2013. Comments are due by March 22, 2013, as noted in the Notice of Intent. Please direct CEQA related comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in writing to the address provided in the Notice of Intent. Oral comments will only be accepted at the public hearing which will be held on March 26, 2013 as specified in the Notice of Intent.